1. In the absence of the Affordable Care Act, how specifically would you work to prevent health insurance denials for pre-existing conditions?
2. A number of healthcare advances have been made in states that opted for Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act, providing lifesaving primary care. How will you ensure that a move toward doing block grants for state Medicaid coverage won’t result in a rollback in care?
3. Your stated preferences on abortion have wavered over the course of the campaign. Under what exact conditions would you allow versus prohibit abortion, and to what extent will abortion positions be a litmus test for the appointment of federal judges?
4. What do you anticipate as the main effects of your proposed rollbacks on food safety and other regulations?
5. Despite the consensus among scientists regarding climate change, your campaign has at times characterized it as a hoax. On whom would your administration rely for scientific expertise regarding the environment, health, and other matters of science and technology?
6. What major newspapers have been particularly critical of you on the campaign, you have revoked press credentials or threatened to do so. Part of being president involves making decisions that may be important but politically unpopular, or unpopular with a large subset of the population. How would you plan to manage the challenges of governance while also ensuring a free and independent media, which is essential to a democratic society?
7. What do you plan to look for your cabinet leadership appointments, and to what extent would you plan to promote diversity in your appointments?